Monday, August 5, 2013

The Mountains Are Calling...

...And I must go. (John Muir)
A 20 mile backpacking trip into the Idaho wilderness will soothe the soul.  Our destination was an idyllic hot spring.  I was so grateful to spend the night next to the hot waters and to take advantage of their healing energy.  The company was as splendid as the water too. We hiked till our feet were sore and out hearts were filled.  Today I am back to civilization.  I will schedule a massage to work out the kinks from sleeping in the woods and hiking literally until my feet, legs, and shoulders screamed at me.  I suggest you get out and explore, and I will be here to give you a massage when you get back.

2 comments:

  1. The unpleasantries are in this comment. I failed to trim my toenails prior to going on this trip and now my big toe is really suffering. It is clearly infected and I have a big blood blister under the nail. Check out my blog post, titled "Sweet Relief" to see how I remedy this pain. It was totally worth it though.

    ReplyDelete